New build scripts v2.2.1

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Fri Mar 21 13:22:50 PST 2003

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> Yet another update to the buildscripts.
>
> Main changes
>  o Option to skip bootstrap of second and subsequent gcc builds
>  o Option to use coreutils instead of file/text/sh-utils
>  o More intelligent check for devfs
>  o MAKEDEV added if devfs not present
>  o unpack_tarball cleans up existing directories before unpacking and
>    passes back PKGDIR, the install directory of the tarball, for use
>    in the rest of the script
>
> Probably more, but thats all I can think of for the moment
>
> Next few versions will be mainly removal of bash specific stuff and
> incorporating some fixes from the iterative checks.

Only encountered problem is coreutils test has a failure. I was running
as root, so this surprised me.

Making check in rm
make[2]: Entering directory `/mnt/golfs/usr/src/coreutils-4.5.9/tests/rm'
make  check-TESTS
make[3]: Entering directory `/mnt/golfs/usr/src/coreutils-4.5.9/tests/rm'
cmp: EOF on out
0a1
> rm: cannot remove `a/b': Operation not permitted
FAIL: fail-2eperm

I've looked at the test script, but can't test yet (script still
running). Anyway, wanteed to pass on.

> Comments/patches/additions all welcome...

Also, a substantial number of test can only run as root and another
substantial can only run non-root. Methinks some refinement of this in the
Pure LFS suite amy be needed.

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbill at wlmcs.com