gcc-3.2.2-final-build failed

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Fri Mar 21 14:43:07 PST 2003

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Martin Imobersteg wrote:

> Hi,
> i tried the latest pure lfs build scripts (2.2.1) and run into a problem in
> ch6.
>
> The final gcc build failed with
> ./gengenrtl -h > tmp-genrtl.h
> /bin/sh: line 1: ./gengenrtl: No such file or directory
>
> I built with
> BUILD_TEST_PKGS=N
> NOBOOTSTRAP=Y
> USE_COREUTILS=Y
> TZ="Europe/Zurich"
> LC_ALL="de_CH"
>
> The last few lines of the log are attached.

The compile step immediately before is identical to mine. But, my log
shows

./gengenrtl -h > tmp-genrtl.h
/bin/sh ../../gcc-3.2.2/gcc/move-if-change tmp-genrtl.h genrtl.h

While yours shows only the error line as the second (the original
command is not echoed). Since your error message (I don't read German,
but I'm guessing it says line 1, file not found), does the /bin/sh exist
inside the chroot environment? The first line of the shell refs that.

> Cheers
> Martin

HTH

--