Build is verified!

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Sat Mar 22 10:58:10 PST 2003

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 14:28:49 +0000 (UTC)
jeroencoumans at gmx.net (Jeroen Coumans) wrote:

> Ian, did you read the hint allready? Because I'm forgetting what your
> critic was but I remember you hadn't read the hint when you criticized
> it?

No, not yet, although Ryan has kindly taken the time to thrash out some
questions with me, which has helped enormously.

Basically, my original statement (which I stood by then and do now) was
correct - Plfs doesnt garauntee a good build from any toolchain. What it
does do is give you a pretty good idea (thanks to the testing it does)
that your new build is consistent.

The Plfs build system (as described by Ryan) is interesting, and Im a
lot happier about how it works now than I was before.

My next build (whenever that may be) will probably be a Plfs build. Just
so I can play with it.

--
Don't support the war. Join Bjorns boycott of American products.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org