Build is verified!

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Sat Mar 22 12:12:32 PST 2003

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 19:31:06 +0000 (UTC)
tushar at linuxfromscratch.org (Tushar Teredesai) wrote:

> Hence all that is needed is a proper host gcc that is capable of
> building the new binutils and new gcc. This is not true in the way the
> current lfs is built.

However this doesnt garauntee you a greater likelyhood of building a
consistent system from a working toolchain.

it does remove a little more of the host toolchain from the equation
though, in that the host only needs to build the new gcc/binutils. Thats
always a good thing, and I suppose *will* slightly increase the
likelyhood of avoiding a bug in the host system.

The *primary* advantage is still that you have a test framework though,
IMO.

--
Don't support the war. Join Bjorns boycott of American products.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org