gcc-3.2.2-final-build failed

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Sun Mar 23 02:35:50 PST 2003

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003, Martin Imobersteg wrote:

> On Friday 21 March 2003 23:43, you wrote:
>
> > While yours shows only the error line as the second (the original
> > command is not echoed). Since your error message (I don't read German,
> > but I'm guessing it says line 1, file not found), does the /bin/sh exist
> > inside the chroot environment? The first line of the shell refs that.
>
> Yes /bin/sh and /bin/bash are there. If i chroot i cant execute gengenrtl.
>
> [root at tux gcc]# ls -alh gengenrtl
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          12K Mar 23 01:17 gengenrtl
> [root at tux gcc]# ./gengenrtl
> bash: ./gengenrtl: No such file or directory

Hmmm. Do you think it might be one of those typical static/dynamic link
type of problems? Does a "file" on it show dynamic or static? If dynam,
does the list of libs it needs exist inside the chroot environ in the
place it can be found?

> [root at tux gcc]#
>
> I rebuild the whole thing and it failed at the same place.

Well, consistency is a plus. Makes tracking down the problem easier. :)

> No clue anymore.

Don't worry, it'll show sooner or later.

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbill at wlmcs.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org