Pure LFS

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Sun Mar 23 02:58:15 PST 2003

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003, Archaic wrote:

> I don't know what to make of this, but I got Pure LFS to build. I have
> 2 sets of scripts; 1 that logs the configure of the toolchain (each
> time), and 1 that logs the make, make check, and make install. I have
> looked at the diffs of these 2 logs several times using -uNr, -y, -y
> --suppress-common-lines, and no options. I just can't see a difference
> between the two other than the logging.

Maybe it's a visual acuity problem? I have difficulty seeing an extra or
missing "\" at the end of the line. Depending on placement, could you
have something like that causing a chage in the executed command?

Another famous (for me) logging-related one is

   ./somecommand > somecommand 2>&1

when it should have been

   ./somecommand > somecommand.log 2>&1

These are particularly pernicious when my brain is in scan mode and sees
a whole bunch of what it expects to see and not always what is really
there. :(

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbill at wlmcs.com