gcc-3.2.2-final-build failed

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Sun Mar 23 04:22:58 PST 2003

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003, Martin Imobersteg wrote:

> On Sunday 23 March 2003 11:35, you wrote:
> > Hmmm. Do you think it might be one of those typical static/dynamic link
> > <sni[p>

> Its a dynamic bin.
>
> It found out that there where no
>
> libc.so.6 -> libc-2.3.2.so
> ld-linux.so.2 -> ld-2.3.2.so

That's progress! Unfortunately, I just finished full install and reboot
test, so my stuff that would match is not available for comparison right
now.

> links in /usr/lib so i made them but nothing changed.

I guess the first question is should they exist at that time (IIRC, they
should) and where. Stage1? I still have that available.

In my stage11 I have libc.a, libc.so, libc-2.3.2.so, libc.so.6 (symlink
to libc-2.3.2.so) and some others. Did you symlink in /stage1? Is that
the correct place for the step you are at?

> I can cat the file but ldd dont work on it inside the chroot.

Path including /stage1? Recall that it changes between chapter5 and 6
slightly.

> [root at tux gcc]# ldd gengenrtl
> /stage1/bin/ldd: line 1: ./gengenrtl: No such file or directory

I'm suspecting /stage1 related?

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbill at wlmcs.com