Purity Iteration Analysis - the results are in..

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Mon Mar 24 06:52:56 PST 2003

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 21:00:18 -0500 James Smaby
<jsmaby at virgo.umeche.maine.edu> wrote:

> While this isn't something we necessarily have to worry about, it's
> an example of how a self-consistant build is not necessarily pure.

The example is similar to a computer virus or a root-kit. No one claims
that you can get rid of a root-kit or a virus by building an LFS system.
This is malicious code specifically written to survive and infect new
binaries. But the chances that an unintentional bug becomes
self-replicating are much much smaller than the chances of being hit by a
rock from space. The latter has at least been reported once, but so far
I've never heard of a computer virus that evolved on its own.

MSB

--
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org