Is this the place for ...?

Morris, Adam AMorris at providence.org
Mon Mar 24 10:45:29 PST 2003

Thanks Frank,
	But that wasn't what I was suggesting.  I have built an LFS system
(as I wanted a bare minimum install so I could install the bits that I need
on top of it (no more, no less).  I'm almost done with just about a dozen
more utilities that I use waiting to be installed.
	What I was suggesting was something slightly different from the BLFS
installation of a choice of DHCP clients.  I have modified
/etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ifup so that it checks for the existence of a
DHCP client, if it finds one and $IP is either not set, or set to DHCP then
it tries to grab an IP address using DHCP.  I was wondering if these changes
might be of interest.  With a slight modification to check for the other
DHCP clients as well as /sbin/dhclient then the installation of a DHCP
enabled LFS machine would consist solely of installing LFS and then
installing your chosen DHCP client.  No changes to
/etc/sysconfig/network-devices would be required.  Does this make sense?
	Thanks,
		Adam