Updated build scripts (2.2.2-beta1)

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Tue Mar 25 15:29:29 PST 2003

> Hey guys i've been modifying my own build scripts to do a pure lfs
> build and I had a question
>
> when installing tcl/expect and dejagnu does it matter whether I use
>
> --prefix=/stage1
>
> or can I use --prefix=$LFS/stage1
>
> /stage1 is a symlink to $LFS/stage1 anyway but it makes it easier for
> me with the way I have my scripts setup to use $LFS/stage1
>
> thanks
>
> -J

You may be OK using $LFS/stage1 for certain stuff, but then again you may
not...

Its probably safest for all builds in ch5 to use --prefix=/stage1
This way you don't have the worry about any hard-coded silliness in the
binaries/libs when you chroot... everything appears to be in the same
location.

Regards
Ryan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org