Pure LFS - expect-5.38 config error

Steve Martin srm at netcomuk.co.uk
Wed Mar 26 09:50:50 PST 2003

Hi,

Another heads up, this time expect-5.38, in chapter 5.  I found that you
need to add the option:

	--cache-file=/dev/null

to configure so that it correctly builds the makefile for the testsuite,
otherwise it bombs out stating that gcc cannot create executables.

Before anyone shouts at me, I have checked and confirmed, it is a
configure error.  config.cache is created with $gcc as the c compiler
which works for the main configure but when the testsuite configure
loads the cache it tests for $gcc and promptly discovers that it does
not exist, then you get the aforementioned error.

I don't know why Ryan or Greg don't get this, but as I said before I am
building on a Mandrake 8.2 host.  It's probably all fine from an LFS
host.  Anyway, it's an easy fix and does no harm if you don't need it.

--
Steve Martin <srm at netcomuk.co.uk>

Still can't think of anything witty to write here.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org