Glibc 2.3.2 Build Failure

Casey mail at nowhere.com
Sun Mar 30 15:48:27 PST 2003

Hi All,

I'm trying to build glibc 2.3.2 in the beginning of Chapter 6. It fails
during the configuration script with the error:

  checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
  configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
  See `config.log' for more details.

glibc 2.3.1 seems to work, is there a quick fix for this or what? Has
anyone else seen this error? I tried linking /static/bin/cpp to /lib/cpp
but it still errors out. If anyone has some good ideas let me know.

 - Casey
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org