Glibc 2.3.2 Build Failure

Casey mail at nowhere.com
Sun Mar 30 21:44:38 PST 2003

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 18:48:27 -0500, Casey wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to build glibc 2.3.2 in the beginning of Chapter 6. It fails
> during the configuration script with the error:
>
>   checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
>   checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
>   configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
>   See `config.log' for more details.
>
> glibc 2.3.1 seems to work, is there a quick fix for this or what? Has
> anyone else seen this error? I tried linking /static/bin/cpp to /lib/cpp
> but it still errors out. If anyone has some good ideas let me know.
>

>  - Casey

Alright, looking through the log file I found that glibc was not finding
the include files in its own install directory. Using the following
configure command fixed the problem:

CPPFLAGS="-I/tmp/glibc/glibc-2.3.2/include/ -I/tmp/glibc/glibc-2.3.2/ \
-I/tmp/glibc/glibc-2.3.2/sysdeps/generic/" ../glibc-2.3.2/configure

Does anyone know why this is happening, or if there is an easier way to
fix the errors without forcing the include directories? Please help.

 - Casey
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org