Glibc 2.3.2 Build Failure

Richard rgollub at uninet.com.br
Mon Mar 31 03:45:09 PST 2003

Casey wrote:

> I'm trying to build glibc 2.3.2 in the beginning of Chapter 6. It fails
> during the configuration script with the error:
>
>   checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
>   checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
>   configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
>   See `config.log' for more details.

	I have reported the anomaly in the thread "From glibc-2.2.5 to 2.3.2:
the LFS way at jeopardy?" (14.03.03); check it there.

	In summary: you need to touch two header files in order to get it
going; however don't think your troubles are over: if my experience is
typical, compilation will abort further down the line :(( and I couldn't
find so far any way around it, and, nobody has yet ventured any new
hints/ideas to tackle it.

	Let me know your progress. I would like to confirm the obstacle of not
being of my own making.

	Richard

PS: Don't try to symlink /lib/cpp: it won't work...

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org