Glibc 2.3.2 Build Failure

Matt Reppert arashi at yomerashi.yi.org
Mon Mar 31 08:44:40 PST 2003

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 08:45:09 -0300
Richard <rgollub at uninet.com.br> wrote:

> Casey wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to build glibc 2.3.2 in the beginning of Chapter 6. It fails
> > during the configuration script with the error:
> >
> >   checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
> >   checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
> >   configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
> >   See `config.log' for more details.
>
> 	I have reported the anomaly in the thread "From glibc-2.2.5 to 2.3.2:
> the LFS way at jeopardy?" (14.03.03); check it there.
>
> 	In summary: you need to touch two header files in order to get it
> going; however don't think your troubles are over: if my experience is
> typical, compilation will abort further down the line :(( and I couldn't
> find so far any way around it, and, nobody has yet ventured any new
> hints/ideas to tackle it.

The easiest way, IMO, to follow the LFS book (not purelfs) and do this is
just to build your first glibc with 2.3.1 and then replace it with 2.3.2 at
the end of chapter 6. (This is what I'm doing on the system I'm building on
my Alpha right now, I'm going through and building everything off 2.3.2 right
now, basically.)

Matt
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org