Any idea when gcc 3.3 will be out?

Matt Reppert arashi at yomerashi.yi.org
Thu May 1 00:22:49 PDT 2003

On 01 May 2003 09:26:55 +0800
Steve Bougerolle <steveb at creek-and-cowley.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 09:26, Matthew Burgess wrote:
>
> > Not sure whether you checked http://gcc.gnu.org/ before posting, but it
> > mentions its now in pre-release stage at the moment, so I'd guess it's
> > pretty close now.  I also read somewhere today (sorry, forgot where) that
> > it wasn't expected to be very long at all between gcc-3.2.3 and gcc-3.3.
>
> Yeh, I checked, but I didn't see any date.  It seems to have been in the
> prerelease stage for a long time now, which is why I ask...

For the record, the mailing list thread below mentions that Mark Mitchell
is expecting to have a prerelease tarball out within the next two weeks
or so, and that any non-documentation patches to the 3.3 branch now currently
require approval before commit. Given the length of time between the first
prerelease tarball for 3.2.3 and its release, and factoring in that 3.3 is
a more significant release, it's probably *reasonably* safe to say that 3.3
will be out by June. (A lot of this is handwaving and guesstimation, but it
seems reasonable to me ... when I first read from this thread a day or two
ago I thought "oh wow, it could be out in two weeks", but that doesn't seem
likely with more thought.)

Matt
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org