v2.2.8 of plfs buildscripts is most recent?

James Iwanek chthon at chthon-uk.com
Thu May 1 14:58:33 PDT 2003

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> On May 1, 2003 02:48 pm, James Iwanek wrote:
>> attached is a listing of commands in the pure lfs scripts
>> it will dramatically simplify your workload
>
> That it does.
>
> Ok I'll use those three files and the explanatory text in the hint and
> have some fun.
>
>> hope this is some use to you
>> included in "changes" is an arch script that should be created just
>> before glibc in ch6 (many programs in ch6 make use of arch)
>
> And if you don't create it, what horrible things will happen (so far
> we'ved lived without arch and it doesn't seem to have had noticable
> effects)

AFAIK it dosnt, but then again ive never had any visable differences between
a system which has mktemp and one that dosnt (YMMV)
i only mentioned for completeness (and to note the fact that it has nothing
todo with ryans scripts).

then again it MAY affect non X86 systems in some indeterminate way.

as its only a script and is overeritten later in ch6 we may aswell include
it.

i leave the decision up to you ;-)
--
Jay