GRUB/LILO: I am beating a dead horse?

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Thu May 1 15:42:41 PDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 10:49, Chad Simmons wrote:
> Gerard has already given his reasons for this decision on countless occasions,
> this topic has been hashed and rehashed. We've heard the arguments for LILO,
> we've heard the arguments for GRUB. In the end it was decided that (like the
> editor choices) only one of them should be put in the book, and GRUB was the
> one chosen.
>
> At this point I don't think anyone's mind is going to suddenly be changed. At
> least not by the same points and arguements we've heard and discussed for
> months now. So now, the only thing to do is move on.

Sorry to come in late - but here's reality.
If you know enough to care which boot loader you want to use, you should
be able to figure out how to implement your choice.

If you can't figure out how to implement your choice, you don't know
your choice well enough to say its better than whatever the book has.

--
Michael A. Peters <mpeters at mac.com>

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org