Change of "plan of attack"

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 1 17:20:30 PDT 2003

On May 1, 2003 03:57 pm, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

Know what guys? This is truly ridiculous. I'm spending more time updating the
entities than I'm actually adding installation instructions. It's currently 6
PM and I've just spent the last 6 hours working on this. I haven't even
finished chapter 5 yet (tcl, expect and dejagnu are left to be done still).
Let alone a test build to make sure these instructions actually are in
working condition.

I could commit what I have done so far to CVS but I don't really see the
point. I'd just urge you guys to not even look at it until tomorrow when
things sort themselves out ;)

So instead of committing this stuff tonight I'll leave it for tomorrow.
That'll give me a chance to at the very least finish chapter 6 as well and do
those package updates.

PS: most of these delays are due to the fact that the XML code has become
fairly unmanagable. Like I said I spend more time fixing entities than
getting real work done. I think it'll be a good idea after PLFS and package
upgrades have gone in the book to concentrate on revamping the XML before
doing anything else. I'm almost tempted to do XML first and do this PLFS
afterwards if it weren't for the fact that I'm half way through with it
already.

http://linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org