pure-lfs 2.2.8 scripts

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Thu May 1 18:01:58 PDT 2003

> Hi ryan,
>
> I have just check your plfs script version 2.2.8 you posted on the lfs
list.
> However, I'm not subscribed and have not checked all the messages/patches
> since you released 2.2.8.
>
> I found something in build-init-2.2.8.sh looking borken to me (line 375):
>
> sed 's at GENSCRIPTS = \$\(SHELL\)@GENSCRIPTS = LIB_PATH=\$\(LIB_PATH\) @g'
>
> should generate
>
> GENSCRIPTS = LIB_PATH=$(LIB_PATH) $(SHELL)
>
> but it doesnt, since \(SHELL\) is incorrect, use (SHELL). You also forgot
> include $(SHELL) in the replacement.

EEEEEEEK !!!

/me thinks I better have a look into this and do a FSF binutils build again
(been a while...)

Wonder why I haven't noticed it b0rk the build... it was changed
2003-03-08...
By rights you'd think this should fsck up the ldscripts...

Thanks for the heads up

> Sorry if I bother you with an already fixed issue...
>
> greets
> -silvan

Thanks mate, your timing is impeccable, syncing in patches tonight/tomorrow
so this will be fixed :-)

Best Regards
Ryan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org