pure-lfs 2.2.8 scripts

Erik-Jan ej.lfs at xs4all.nl
Fri May 2 09:07:27 PDT 2003

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:

> > Hi ryan,
> >
> > I have just check your plfs script version 2.2.8 you posted on the lfs
> list.
> > However, I'm not subscribed and have not checked all the messages/patches
> > since you released 2.2.8.
> >
> > I found something in build-init-2.2.8.sh looking borken to me (line 375):
> >
> > sed 's at GENSCRIPTS = \$\(SHELL\)@GENSCRIPTS = LIB_PATH=\$\(LIB_PATH\) @g'
> >
> > should generate
> >
> > GENSCRIPTS = LIB_PATH=$(LIB_PATH) $(SHELL)
> >
> > but it doesnt, since \(SHELL\) is incorrect, use (SHELL). You also forgot
> > include $(SHELL) in the replacement.
>
> EEEEEEEK !!!
>
> /me thinks I better have a look into this and do a FSF binutils build again
> (been a while...)
>
> Wonder why I haven't noticed it b0rk the build... it was changed
> 2003-03-08...
> By rights you'd think this should fsck up the ldscripts...

Even without the sed, if you use 'make LIB_PATH=..." the specified path
will show in the SEARCH-path in the ldscripts. And because it is only
used for the extra ldscripts-make, there is no problem.
Tested with binutils-2.13.2.1 and 2.13.2, and only the ldscripts-part.
Will fire up a complete build later tonight, see what happens...

Bye
Erik-Jan
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org