Patch for MAKEDEV Script

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 3 07:25:04 PDT 2003

On Tue, 04, Feb, 2003 at 06:00:52AM -0700, Gerard Beekmans spoke thus..
> Sure but before you rewrite the entire script I suggest you email a draft to
> the lfs-dev list first detailing what you plan to change. We can then first
> discuss it before you do all the work possibly for nothing.
>
> Also we have planned on changes already. Matthias has submitted something
> called make_devices, we are planning on just adding a few mknod commands so
> people learn about it and can add their own devices a lot easier. This is all
> part of Bug #131

Another option which has been running through my mind recently is
whether it's possible to parse devices.txt so that you can simply ask it
to create a device and it'll check for the current infomation - no
updating for new devices required.

To improve the educational aspect, the -v option could get it to print
out the actual mknod command used (with a -n option to *only* display
the relevant command).

Any thoughts on this?

Mark

"'I regret nothing?'  That's not a song, that's an idiots charter."
     Andy Hamilton, Old Harry's Game
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org