Package dependencies (all apologies)

Zack Winkles winkie at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 3 17:14:50 PDT 2003

Hey everyone,

For the past few days I have been unavailable due to a hard drive
failure. Quite a nasty breakage: strange crackling, undetectable to
BIOS, etc. Though this doesn't really matter to anybody but me, I had
been working on updated package dependencies, which is quite a bit more
important than the other crap on the drive.

I had completed tracking all the programs and libraries that each of the
packages installed (using all of what was going to be the last and now
is: coreutils, inetutils, etc.), patched up the LFS docbook about
halfway with the updated dependencies, and written a couple of new
descriptions of things that appeared. It's all gone.

I'm now pretty much done compiling everything outside of the things that
I'm going to put off for a looong time (Java, OOo), so I'm nearing a
point where I'll be able to start over again. It'll be either tonight or
early tomorrow. If I'm thinking correctly, I should have a patch
submitted with all the updates in about 3-4 days. Sorry to everyone for
the delay.

Later,
Zack
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org