man pages

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sun May 4 02:28:31 PDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-05-03 at 17:00, Ken Moffat wrote:

>  Actually, I'm getting into info pages now -

Me too.
I never thought info was that useful until recently - but it seems to me
to be a far superior method of documentation opposed to man.

The only drawback it seems to have is that even among FSF software -
there doesn't seem to be a standard for where in the top node software
inserts it's info pages, and there could be (imho) some consolidation of
groups resulting in same information but more friendly to find.

I'm actually thinking about going through and cleaning some of that up,
and also go through the tedious task of converting some man pages to
info.

--
Michael A. Peters <mpeters at mac.com>

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org