PLFS suggested chapter 6-perl change (add /etc/hosts)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 6 08:03:58 PDT 2003

On May 5, 2003 11:23 pm, Greg Schafer wrote:
> Excellent suggestion.
>
> As long as the perl tests pass and the perl binaries can be built
> repeatably at each iteration then I'm all for it.

Don't you think it would be a bit odd to call creating /etc/hosts part of
Perl's configuration or installation process?

What I can agree with is create the file before installing Perl, then remove
it again. Just to keep the network config out of chapter 6, no matter how
small a piece of config is really is. It just feels odd to me, especially
since it's not a crucial thing.

http://linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org