Change /stage1 to ... ?

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Wed May 7 00:00:24 PDT 2003

Hi

Now that the plfs stuff is finding it's way into the book, now is the time
to make a decision on the naming.

The term "stage1" can cause confusion WRT to gcc and grub. I don't have the
actual data to hand but when I was doing some serious "Iteration Comparison
Analysis" work and ran "strings" on all the binaries, I was quite surprised
how often the "stage1" string showed up.

I think it was Alex G. who came up with "staging" and I quite liked it.
Afterall, Ch 5 is a temporary staging area which we use to build the final
clean system in Ch 6.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org