Change /stage1 to ... ?

richard at nezumi.plus.com richard at nezumi.plus.com
Wed May 7 02:29:29 PDT 2003

On 2003-05-07 17:00:24 +0000, Greg Schafer wrote:

> I think it was Alex G. who came up with "staging" and I quite liked it.
> Afterall, Ch 5 is a temporary staging area which we use to build the final
> clean system in Ch 6.

I would prefer something like to avoid putting a symlink on the root
filesystem so how about:
/stage1          becomes /mnt/lfs/staging
/mnt/lfs/stage1/ becomes /mnt/lfs/mnt/lfs/staging/

Even better would be to avoid adding to the path so packages cannot
hardcode the wrong path. This looks a bt more tricky than it was with
LFS-4.

Richard

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org