Ch 5 Kernel Headers

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed May 7 09:29:14 PDT 2003

On May 7, 2003 12:36 am, Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:
> On that point, is there any reason why we arent copying the kernel headers
> to $LFS/usr/include as well as /stage1/include during the ch5 build?
> (CVS version, possibly a little out of date so sorry in advance if this is
> fixed)
>
> Saves us 1 section in the book and a smidgeon of time...

I want to confine chapter 5 to $LFS/stage1/ only, to keep it seperatated from
the actual LFS installation.

If you were to put $LFS/stage1/ onto another system, you should be able to
install a full LFS by just going through chapter 6. If you have to keep track
of stuff done in chapter 5 to the regular LFS filesystem ($LFS/usr for
example) the separation becomes much less clear and tidy.

I rather run the few extra commands and keep the separation.

http://linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org