The CFLAGS should go

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed May 7 09:33:07 PDT 2003

On May 7, 2003 12:42 am, Greg Schafer wrote:
> I've mentioned this twice before.

Sorry for not having noticed before. In my defense I was rather busy and when
I caught up to 800+ emails it seems I dozed off during reading a few of them.

> to get rid of it. The only purpose was to strip out the "-g" and thus save
> space during the builds.

And honestly I don't think it's that big of a deal. One can always run that
strip command in chapter 9 right.

> The LDFLAGS="-s" in the "Setting up the environment" should stay but all

Okay.

> the CFLAGS should go IMHO. The various "LDFLAGS" on the make command lines
> for binutils and gcc could probably go as well (apart from the static pass
> 1 builds).

Makes sense.

> I'd also get rid of the gcc "no_debug" patches while we're at it.

Fine with me too.

> Maybe these space saving tips could go into a separate hint or sumthin..

Do you want to write such a hint?

> Just my recommendation of course.

And a sound one at that. I'll take care of this when I'm done my paying-job
today (an hour to go). I will file it in Bugzilla just in case it slips my
mind.

http://linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org