Change /stage1 to ... ?

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Wed May 7 10:20:08 PDT 2003

But, as I understand it, the big part of the "magic" of the pure-LFS
process is everything is linked against our newly built
glibc/gcc/binutils, and this is the reason for the symlink - so those
libs will be in the same place both inside and outside chroot - without
the /stage1 symlink, the hacks to ld and the gcc specs file will not
function properly, and you'll end up linking to things on the host
distro.

I admit, my understanding of this is minimal (I'm not a c programmer at
all), but the process is exceedingly logical.

-J-