GCC Testsuite contents

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Wed May 7 17:05:46 PDT 2003

On Thu, 8 May 2003 00:02:21 +0000 (UTC)
gerard at linuxfromscratch.org (Gerard Beekmans) wrote:

> > If you insist on gcc-fullfat, I insist we include *all* of netkit-*
> > ;-)
>
> If there was a package "netkit-all" we'd probably be using it.

I doubt it actually. (Im not saying I dont believe you think that, but
you dont actually make all the decisions independantly of everyone else,
even though you might).

> Either way it doesn't matter for the book or for us anymore, we just
> tell people to use gcc-<version> and that's where it ends. You can
> make the choice if you want gcc-3.2.3.tar or
> gcc-core/gcc-g++/gcc-testsuite/gcc-whateverelse

Ok, but the book, I think, should promote use of the smaller package - I
always try to use the smallest download or the bzip2 etc. - all the
servers (not just ours) have limited bandwidth, and people should not
try to hog it.

--
Spyros lair: http://www.mnementh.co.uk/
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are tasty and good with

Systems programmers keep it up longer.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org