coreutils - tail -f broken ???

Bill Maltby - LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Wed May 7 18:35:28 PDT 2003

On Wed, 7 May 2003, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

>On May 7, 2003 06:36 pm, Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:
>> G'day all,
>><snip>

>> Looks like we got a bit of fun having to change every instance of
>> tail -[0-9]* we come across throughout our builds if we start from
>> a base system with coreutils 5.0...
>
>But when you get to chapter 6, coreutils is already installed, so to me it
>seems like that error should show up with everybody in chapter 6? I didn't
>see it myself.

Further? I am running an installed PLFS doing/done *many* BLFS installs
all day today (but not coreutils again) and have seen no instances of
this problem. Gcc 3.2.3, glibc 2.3.2, binutils 2.13.2.1. If the problem
only in making coreutils? I still have many packages to do yet, so I'll
keep an eye open for any hint of a problem.

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbill at wlmcs.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org