gcc mmap patch not needed in gcc-pass1?

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Wed May 7 19:21:45 PDT 2003

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 08:09:41PM -0600, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Heya,
>
> That mmap patch seems only to be needed when running "make check" so it can be
> omitted during pass1 then?

No. The mmap patch fixes gcc's broken configure script that detects a
non-working mmap in certain conditions i.e. when the ld.so.cache file is
less than 1 memory page in size.

Therefore it only shows up in Ch 5 gcc pass 2 and Ch 6 gcc. So technically
you are correct that it can be omitted. But my preference would be to keep
it for all passes.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org