CVS -vs- 4.1

Jeremy Herbison herbie at autobotcity.net
Wed May 7 19:27:08 PDT 2003

CVS or
> 4.1 versions of the book.  There are a TON of major changes in the way
> things are getting done (from the pure LFS doc).  Has this been stable
> enough to build critical services off of or should I take the safe 4.1
> route?

CVS is a mess right now, they are switching to a pretty different build
process. Use 4.1.

As far as upgrading, you can upgrade gcc from 3.2.x to 3.2.3 (no major
versions) but I wouldn't mess with glibc. This is the easy answer... any
upgrade is possible, but a lot of headache. Everything is linked against
glibc, upgrading that can (and depending on the version, will) break
stuff.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org