ncurses patches in chapter 5

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Wed May 7 19:43:20 PDT 2003

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 02:29:32PM -0600, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Are the etip and vsscanf Ncurses patches in chapter 5 necessary?

I cannot vouch for the vsscanf patch as that is something from Ryan's
script.

The etip patch is needed to get a correct etip.h header file. Therefore it's
probably not critical for Ch 5. But seeing as it is a bugfix that has been
incorporated upstream, it does no harm to leave it in for Ch 5. I s'pose it
depends how anal you want to be. I have no idea if/when/how often etip.h is
used and couldn't be bothered finding out.

http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-dev/2003/03/0251.html

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org