Change /stage1 to ... ?

Erika Pacholleck pchllck at nexgo.de
Wed May 7 10:37:10 PDT 2003

[07.05.2003] Bill Maltby - LFS Related <-- :
> On Wed, 7 May 2003, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
>
> >On May 7, 2003 01:00 am, Greg Schafer wrote:
> >> I think it was Alex G. who came up with "staging" and I quite liked it.
> >><snip>
>
> >Chapter 5 is named "Preparing the LFS system". How about renaming stage1 into
> >something similar like preplfs.  I don't quite like that name either, but
> >it's an idea maybe to build on.
> /purebase  ?
> /lfsbase   ?
> /toolbase  ?
>
> I'm stuck at "base". But seems somewhat rational. What's built there
> serves as the base for final installation. And it is "pure".

We have user lfs, mount maybe on lfs, so by know we should know we are
dealing with lfs - no need to keep lfs in another name.
And toolbase sounds somehow wrong to me, it is something different than
basetools and in my understanding we build the basic tools here to get
our lfs done.

purebase sounds best to me, for the reasons Bill said and I would go with
his suggestion.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org