Posix2 conformance (was Re: coreutils - tail -f broken ???)

James Smaby jsmaby at virgo.umeche.maine.edu
Thu May 8 04:35:13 PDT 2003

We could patch coreutils so that tail -1 still prints junk to stderr,
but returns 0, so hopefully the scripts still work fine, but you see
the warnings when they run.  These harmless warnings are enough to
get people to want to fix the scripts, while not making it necessary to
do so.  We could also point out to the coreutils team that they
should maybe find a better way to enable strict posix conformance;
maybe a configure option or something.

-James Smaby
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org