coreutils - tail -f broken ???

Bill Maltby - LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Thu May 8 05:20:37 PDT 2003

On Thu, 8 May 2003, Ian Molton wrote:

>On Thu, 8 May 2003 01:29:52 +0000 (UTC)
>Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:
>
>> One hell of an option to choose to deprecate on such a highly utilised
>> tool...(arghh for all my days I've always used tail -1, so it seems do
>> most everyone else...)
>
>You have to admit, it takes balls... but its nice to see someone making
>parameter passing a touch better standardised...

Yes. Take a simple 2 character parameter that is logical, for it use, and
turn it into 4 or more. Better for users and programmers, right?
Standardization regardless! M$ wins another round. I said "piss on 'em
all" when they started the drive to eliminate the single-character
keywords. That is the ultimate goal, I think.

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbill at wlmcs.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org