coreutils - tail -f broken ???

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Thu May 8 05:31:34 PDT 2003

On Thu, 8 May 2003 12:18:04 +0000 (UTC)
lfsbill at wlmcs.com (Bill Maltby - LFS Related) wrote:

> Yes. Take a simple 2 character parameter that is logical, for it use,
> and turn it into 4 or more. Better for users and programmers, right?
> Standardization regardless! M$ wins another round. I said "piss on 'em
> all" when they started the drive to eliminate the single-character
> keywords. That is the ultimate goal, I think.

I think thats a little ott...

I see (like you) no reason to rename the commands at this point, but
parameter passing would be nice to have standardised - then there
wouldnt be so much man-page reading when you forgot how to pass a
parameter to xyz program...

--
Spyros lair: http://www.mnementh.co.uk/
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are tasty and good with

Systems programmers keep it up longer.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org