readline in Ch. 6

Ulrich Fahrenberg uli at math.auc.dk
Fri May 9 01:43:43 PDT 2003

Hello,

(following 4.1 with versions updated according to Matthew's

	http://osiris.sunderland.ac.uk/~ca9mbu/lfs_packages.html
)

as you probably are aware of, bash can be told to link against an
existing libreadline/libhistory. As you might not be aware of,
e2fsprogs-1.33 can utilize readline also:

	http://e2fsprogs.sourceforge.net/e2fsprogs-release.html#1.33

(debugfs can now use readline)

This means that there are now two lfs packages which can share
readline, and so they should; so I'd like to try installing readline
in Ch. 6, just before bash.

Any experience with this? Will I miss a dependence? More important:
Will it break the build, introducing some /static hardcoding?

uli

--
Ulrich Fahrenberg -- http://www.math.auc.dk/~uli

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org