Boot loader chapter ...

DJ Lucas dj at lucasit.com
Sat May 10 00:08:52 PDT 2003

tchiwam wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 	I am currently playing with the xml book, IF someone ought to
> separate bootloaders in a separate chapter where should it be... and then
> IF I ought to write the thing in bad english, could someone translate it
> in proper english...
>
> Now I have these directories:
> BOOK/chapter6.5/
> BOOK/chapter6.5/x86
> BOOK/chapter6.5/ppc
>
> all of them have their own introduction, any suggestion before I get too
> far in that project ? sectl id conventions ? where to I add that chapter
> so that it would be linked .. etc etc...
>
> I would just like to try this as "I" think it is the way to go and allow
> to have more than x86 in an organised way.
>
> Phil

Hmmm...looking at the book, IMO make that _all_ of chapter 8, and move
the fstab and kernel to the end of 7, and rip [(lilo * bin86 * nasm) +
grub] out of Ch6.  This also gives *the_room to have both x86 boot
loaders appropriatly placed in the book without making chapter 6 like
one of those 'you choose the ending' story books that have you bouncing
all over the book.

*the_room - not intened to rehash an old, useless debate--I could care
less about that one!  It's just another option that better presents
itself with the proposed change.

DJ

PS..to chat, do they still make those 'choose your own way' books?  I
think my neice would love one of them at her age.  6 book reports in
one! LOL

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org