Boot loader chapter ...

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 10 09:35:47 PDT 2003

On May 9, 2003 06:39 am, tchiwam wrote:
> 	I am currently playing with the xml book, IF someone ought to
> separate bootloaders in a separate chapter where should it be... and then
> IF I ought to write the thing in bad english, could someone translate it
> in proper english...

I like the idea. Go ahead with it. It'll be a new chapter yes but which one I
don't know yet. You might as well call it chapter 10 for now. We'll have to
move other things around too (in chapter 8 mostly).

> all of them have their own introduction, any suggestion before I get too
> far in that project ? sectl id conventions ? where to I add that chapter
> so that it would be linked .. etc etc...

Don't worry too much about <sect id> conventions, look at what's in the book
already and use something that makes sense. The XML will be revamped anyways,
so whatever exists now won't exist soon anymore anywyas.

Adding a chapter and stuff is a bit of a pain with the current entities setup
(another thing that will be fixed soon).

You would add the chapter entity reference to book/part3.xml (under &chapter9;
you add &chapter10; for your new bootloader chapter).

Then to index.xml you add a line <!ENTITY % chapter10 SYSTEM
"entities/chapter10.ent"> at the proper place (look for other similar lines
near the top of the file). Then browse down towards the end of the file and
add %chapter10; under %chapter9;

Then create entities/chapter10.ent which you can base on the other chapter
entities in there.

Yes a major hassle, but it's the only way to "conform" with the current setup.
All this wil be fixed to be a lot simpler and stop abusing entities like that
(xinclude's are so much better).

http://linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org