Creating /stage1 symlink and read-only root filesystem

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sat May 10 15:08:47 PDT 2003

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 11:51:28PM -0600, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Technically I'm perfectly ok creating a symlink on the cdrom /stage1 ->
> /mnt/lfs - it's sensible enough for my own uses, but it does raise the
> question when non-LFS cdroms are used for installation on bare harddisks,
> creating a symlink is not an option.

I've never used CD based hosts to install LFS from so I'm not qualified to
answer this.

But the posts from the other guys are heartening in that it appears some of
these CD's use a ramdisk as the rootfs.

Failing that, the Richard L. solution should be tested and if it works, make
mention of it:-

http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-dev/2003/05/0256.html

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org