GCC 2.95.3 bug in current LFS (was Pure LFS gcc-2.95.3)

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Sat May 10 16:57:29 PDT 2003

I'm posting this into the lfs-dev list for consideration - see the
recent thread Pure LFS gcc-2.95.3 on lfs-support for additional info.

The use of --enable-languages=c in gcc 2.95.3 (as we currently do)
causes gcc to fail to recognize -Wreturn-type as a command-line option.
See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2000-05/msg00056.html for additional
information.  This causes breakage on at least the Nvidia drivers
currently.

The currently running solution is to do --enable-languages=c,c++ ... but
will there ever be a need for C++ support in the 2.95.3 compiler?

I know most of us here follow lfs-support, but I felt this was more an
issue for lfs-dev at this point.

-J-

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org