updated specs patch

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sat May 10 19:17:55 PDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-05-10 at 18:45, Zack Winkles wrote:

> You're misunderstanding. The guy Ryan is responding to is saying that we
> should remove 64-bit support. Ryan is saying we should keep it. It's
> already there.

Absolutely.
32-bit computing is going to be phased out. Not immediately - but with
IBM releasing a 64-bit workstation cpu (ppc 970) and AMD' x86-64 - and
with desktop operating systems (Linux, Darwin, Windows) either already
having 64-bit support or (Darwin) written to easily build on 64-bit - it
is clear that it won't be long until 64-bit hits your local wallmart.

--
Michael A. Peters <mpeters at mac.com>

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org