list of fixes to lfs-cvs

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun May 11 10:16:48 PDT 2003

On May 11, 2003 11:53 am, James Iwanek wrote:
> what about the stuff for file, grep and procps?

Since that's not in Bugzilla yet it hasn't been (properly) discussed here, so
let's do that first before just adding those options to the book.

The procps XSCPT is not an issue, it's well known already. We should make a
final decision on grep's --with-included-regex and verify that if file
doesn't get --datadir that all the files still end up in the right directory.

> btw - it may be benificial to add:
> make -C sys-utils arch
> cp sys-utils/arch /stage1/bin
>
> to the util-linux instructions in ch5
> arch is used by some programs in ch6

I'd like a list of the programs that make use of it so we can determine if it
actually changes the end result. It could just be an unnecessary dependency.

http://linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org