additions/fixes

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun May 11 17:53:14 PDT 2003

On May 11, 2003 01:30 pm, James Iwanek wrote:
> adding grpconv to the shadow instructions would allow the use of group
> passwords

Just curious, does anybody actually use group passwords? I know how it works
and all, but I've never actually met somebody who makes use of it.

> MAKDDEV: use "bzcat MAKEDEV-1.7.bz2 > /dev/MAKEDEV" instead of the current
> method

Nice shortcut yes I'll add that to the book.

> there is a patch for gzip to support 4gb files (not essential but still
> usefull)

When you find it, attach it to an email here please. I don't have the time to
hunt it down myself now.

http://linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org