Calling Testers

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sun May 11 20:21:11 PDT 2003

On Sun, May 11, 2003 at 07:39:57PM -0600, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> On May 11, 2003 06:46 pm, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
>
> Added --enable-languges=c,c++ (well modified the =c part to be more correct)
> to Chapter 6 - Gcc-2.95.3.
>
> This won't only fix that -Wreturn-type problem (which is just a minor issue to
> me really) but it'll also help with those eon old problem with closed-source
> browser plugins that are based on old library versions.
>
> And if we do decide we don't like this, we can just remove it. It _is_ CVS
> afterall so a bit of experimenting isn't a big deal. Better now than later in
> a release and finding out it was a bad move ;)

For the record, I am against this.

Like someone else said (Zack?), just patch the source for the packages
affected by this silly bug! It seems crazy enabling gcc-2.95.x c++ in the
book just for this. Maybe stick a reference in the FAQ?

The hint currently makes a reference to the BLFS instructions and if it were
up to me, I'd be doing the same in the LFS book.

If you do decide to leave it in, then for completeness I would also add
--enable-threads=posix

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org