GCC 2.95.3 [LFS/BLFS conflicts]

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 12 09:28:32 PDT 2003

On May 12, 2003 09:36 am, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
>    1. Building the kernel with gcc2 is recommended but not absolutely
>       essential. So users can still avoid installing gcc2.

Not essential but I want to make gcc-2 the "official" LFS kernel compiler as
it were so those instrutions need to be in the LFS book too, now. It'd be
wrong to say "If you want to follow our recommendation and use gcc-2.95.3 to
compile the kernel, go download the BLFS book and read the gcc-2
instructions". It's better served having it right in the LFS book.

>    2. The BLFS book has additional instructions to move the libraries
>       around. That content would be out of place in LFS.

That I agree with. Maybe we can come to some agreement on that one, just have
the "moving libs around" in the BLFS book but the actual software installatio
in the LFS book. But even that seems odd to me.

http://linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org