Missing gcc conf option [was Re: Strange GCC failures in Chapter 5]

Thomas Pegg lnxfreak123 at insightbb.com
Mon May 12 10:40:06 PDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 01:09, Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:
> Thomas Pegg wrote:
> > Zack isn't the only with problems on this, I'm running into the same
> thing
> > although I haven't finished building CVS yet, but I have had the same
> > exact thing come up on previous attempts to build LFS/PLFS on my system,
> > albeit that was a different combination of package versions, but it
> > still occurs now with current CVS. I still have no clue as to what is
> > wrong even now.
>
> Hmmm, we're using FSF binutils in the book aren't we...
> Do you want to give it a try with HJL and report in?
>
> On a side note, did anyone ever see this using the buildscripts?
> (can honestly say I have never seen anything but the usual XPASSes and 1
> fail)
> ------------------------
> Oooops I've found it
>
> This is missing from the gcc configure line
> --with-local-prefix=/stage1
>
> Without that you'll find gcc will search /usr/local/include for headers
> first
> (full explanation in the hint)

Ryan,

I just ran another build this morning and it looks as if something is
fouled up with the testing tools for gcc and binutils
(tcl,expect,dejagnu), I say this becuase I decided to install them on
the host system and skipped installing them in /stage1 in chapter 5 and
now the checks for gcc as well as binutils in chapter 5 come out as
expected.

Hope this is useful.
Tom

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org